Staging will help you make an excellent first impression! And that is essential to attracting buyers, whether it be when they search online and look at your photos, or actually visit your home. That’s why you need to read this article, to learn how to successfully home stage your home to sell it fast and at the best price!
Just because you’re leaving this home doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be giving some money, time and effort to making it more appealing. Home staging is all about making the most of your particular space without spending a ton of money or making major changes, and can go a long way in getting offers rolling in!
Having a home the way you like it, and staging to sell, can be very different and worth considering. Here are the three most important elements:
- Get rid of the problem spots:
- Declutter, downsize and simplify! Bring each room down to its basic furniture. The 3 chairs, extra cupboard, big doll house, armchair, and dressing table in your daughter’s room just create confusion in the visitor’s mind. It is crammed, which gives the impression it is too small, even if it is a big room in m2! It could be the right time to get rid of things. It will also make your move that much easier.
- Repair! Go around your home and make a list of what has to be repaired. Call in the professionals if needed. You don’t want potential buyers to think “trouble” when they see a leaking tap.
- Paint to neutralize or refresh! Bold colours can be too much for some individuals, and a particular colour may repel them. It can also be too style-specific and inhibit their vision of the house. If there once was a water damage, now’s the time to repaint the wall or ceiling. Give these areas a fresh coat of neutral-colored paint.
- Get rid of bath rugs, shower curtains, or drapes than have seen brighter days! You can get new ones you will then use in your new home.
- Remove “you” from the home! Some people get stuck on the homeowner’s décor, and don’t go past it. Make room for a buyer to imagine themselves in the home. Remove family photos, children’s artwork, or any collections. (You can start packing them away, you’re leaving, right?)
- Know your buyer!
Who is the most likely buyer for your home? Stage accordingly! If it’s a family, turn your sports/computer room back into a bedroom, so parents will remember it as a room, and will add it to the number of rooms they have seen, and have the correct number in their mind when it’s time for them to make a decision concerning your home.
- Bring out the WOW!
Now you want to accentuate the positive to impress any potential buyer and have them eager to make your home their own!
- Clean and tidy is how you need your home to be! Clean the windows to let all the light in!
- Tend to, or add plants! They bring life and colour to your space.
- Appeal to the senses and the aesthetics! The smell of a cake baking in the oven or of fresh flowers speaks of warmth and happiness. Add beautiful accessories such as soft cushions, lavish throws, matching towels, pretty candles and luxury bed linen.
This will attract a potential buyer to the vision you have created – situated between our real lives and our aspirational ones – that’s what sells!
If I can assist you in homestaging your property for a quick sale at the best price, please feel free to get in touch: Laetitia Ronsin 06 62 33 65 05, or write me an email.